Table Rock Road is shut down in both directions after an RV caught fire in the middle of the street during rush hour.
Fire District 3 Battalion Chief Myron Harvey said they got the rescue call about 5:53 p.m. Tuesday and responded within three minutes.
“We were just down the road,” Harvey said. “We found a mobile home on fire with a couple of citizens trying to put it out. It was too much for them.”
Firefighters quickly got the upper hand and no one was hurt.
Jackson County Sheriff’s Deputies shutdown Table Rock Road from Vilas Road and Wilson Road in both directions until the vehicle can be cleaned up.
“It appears to be a problem with the engine. An engine malfunction if some kind.”
Fire District three also had assistance from firefighters from Oregon Department of Forestry who were concerned embers might ignite nearby dry grass and weeds along the roadway.
Harvey said they see more RV fires this time of year.
“We get RV fires whether it be a travel trailer or motorhome. We tend to get them in the summer,” Harvey said.
Harvey suggests drivers need to take precautions.
“Preventative maintenance. If something doesn’t sound right or seem right. Get it checked out,” Harvey said.