- Motorcoach Country Club in Indio, California, was named the best luxury RV resort in USA Today’s 2019 Readers’ Choice rankings.
- Buying an RV here lot costs between $56,000 and $799,000, while renting ranges from $114 to $211 a night.
- Members pay a monthly fee that amounts to about $6,600 per year.
- The 80-acre resort has 400 RV lots, a nine-hole golf course, a fitness center, multiple swimming pools, three tennis courts, and a clubhouse with a private restaurant and bar.
- Travel industry experts predict that RV travel will see a surge in popularity this summer.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Motorcoach Country Club in Indio, California, was named the best luxury RV resort by USA Today.
The 80-acre resort is made up of 400 RV lots, a nine-hole golf course, a fitness center, multiple swimming pools, three tennis courts, and a 10,000-square-foot clubhouse with a private restaurant and bar.
Motorcoach Country Club is both an RV park and a country club. Travelers can either rent RV lots for between $114 and $211 a night, or buy their own lot for between $56,000 and $799,000. The monthly membership fee is $549, or about $6,600 per year.
Some of the most lavish RV lots come with outdoor infinity pools, casitas with full kitchens and living areas, and patios outfitted with furniture, fireplaces, and BBQ grills.
The resort stopped accepting guest reservations on March 27, but lot owners were able to stay onsite, Paul Johnson, the club’s general manager, told Business Insider. The city of Indio has said the resort can reopen on June 19.
Take a look inside the swanky California RV resort that will reopen in less than a month.